A screw conveyor or auger conveyor is a mechanism that uses a rotating helical screw blade, called a “flight”, within a tube/pipe or U-trough to move powders and granular materials. Screw conveyors and auger feeder are used in many bulk handling industries; in modern industry, it is often used horizontally or at a slight incline as an efficient way to move various materials.
They usually consist of a U-trough or pipe containing a spiral blade coiled around a shaft, driven at one end and held at the other. The rate of volume transfer is proportional to the rotation rate of the shaft. In industrial control applications, the device is often used as a variable rate feeder by varying the rotation rate of the shaft to deliver a measured rate or precise quantity of material into a process. Hence, screw feeders are exclusively used for both the material dosing applications wise loss-in weight dosing and gain-in weight dosing.
1. Horizontal screw conveyor: Horizontal screw conveyors, the most widely used is used to convey bulk materials from one part of a process to another in horizontal direction. Horizontal screw conveyors are available in a wide range of sizes, lengths, configurations and materials of construction.
2. Inclined screw conveyor: Inclined screw conveyors typically operate from slightly above the horizontal position to 45o from the horizontal position. As the degree of incline increases, conveying efficiency is reduced and horsepower requirements increase due to the effects of gravity and bulk materials may fall back. We have gained the expertise in designing inclined screw conveyors with increased efficiencies.
3. Vertical screw conveyor: TVertical screw conveyors are a very efficient method for elevating a variety of bulk materials at very steep inclines or completely vertical. We consider any screw conveyor located on an incline over 45o to be a vertical screw conveyor. The compact design allows for the vertical screw conveyor to fit into almost any plant layout.
4. Reversible screw conveyor:In complex industrial processes a solution for effectively and efficiently metering dry bulk solids from a silo/hopper into one of two locations is required. It requires two delivery points to be served. It is a good practice to use a common extractor, rather than providing two outlets in the storage container, as separate outlets give rise to unsatisfactory features of dead storage regions and eccentric flow stresses. We provide a reversible screw feeder with a central inlet, which proves to be the ideal solution.
5. Flexible screw conveyors: A flexible screw conveyor moves and elevates bulk material by rotating a helical-shaped auger inside a casing. It is typically used to elevate powders and granular bulk materials into mixers, packaging machines or storage bins. They are called flexible screws because the
auger portion of the conveyor is a shaftless design and the casing is typically Ultra High Molecular Weight Poly Ethylene (UHMW-PE). The spring-like auger and the UHMW-PE casing allows smaller diameter conveyors to be flexed or bent around fixed objects or to change the position of the discharge head.
- Easy to Clean: Simply open the hinged covers to access the auger/screw
- Heavy Duty Construction
- Bottom Cleanout for ease of drain at wash-down
- Efficiently distributes bulk materials to various locations using multiple inlet and discharge points/strong>
- Totally enclosed for dusty, corrosive, or hazardous environments
- Totally Portable (caster wheel design)