CATOFY (CLEAN AIR TOWER FOR YOU) is scientifically designed for improving air quality levels. It is a tall tower that functions using a 4-stage filtration system and is designed by experts in air pollution control.
With its advanced filtration technology, it filters up to 80 percent of harmful ambient pollutants such as fine dust particles and gaseous substances like nitrogen oxides, and ground-level ozone from the ambient air and creates a comfort breathing zone with better air quality. The constant flow of freshly cleaned air improves the air by displacing the existing polluted air.
Catofy can provide clean air to 6500 people in an hour when installed in large open environments like community centres, jogger parks, housing societies, parking areas, open markets, lawns, stations, etc.
- Centrifugal fan situated in the system creates suction by which polluted air is sucked inside air chamber from air inlet section of the casing and it forces air to flow through the combination filter which is used for filtering coarse particulate matter and high efficiency particulate air filter (HEPA).
- HEPA filters trap air contaminants in a complex web of fibres. Depending on the size of the particle, this can happen in four different ways: Inertial Impaction, Diffusion, Interception, or Sieving.
- The HEPA filter clean 99.97% efficiency up to particle size of 0.3 microns which includes dust particles and other allergy causing pollutants like dust mites, mold spores, pollen, pet dander, bacteria, car emissions.
- Then clean air from HEPA filter is passed over the germicidal lamp which produces ultraviolet C (UVC) light. This short-wave ultraviolet light disrupts DNA base pairing, causing formation of pyrimidine dimers, and leads to the inactivation of bacteria, viruses, and protozoa.
- The polluted air is filtered by HEPA filter and clean air will be dispersed in atmosphere from discharge section at the bottom of the tower by centrifugal fan.
- Centrifugal fan having volume suction capacity as high as 3250 m3/hr which results in proving a clean air.
- Catofy can be installed in various polluted and most crowded areas in metro-cities to provide clean air to breath.
Mode of Operation
Catofy achieves the best air quality management and prevents the harmful pollutants from spreading into the environment in just 3 steps.
- Centrifugal fan situated in the system creates suction by which polluted air is sucked inside the air chamber from the air inlet section of the casing
- Then it forces air to flow through the course and fine and high efficiency particulate air filter (HEPA)
- The cleaned air is returned to the workspace by low level outlets.
- 360° open air inlet
- UV disinfection prevents spread of airborne diseases
- Wide open air discharge section
- Wide door opening is provided for easy maintenance of filters
- Minimized Air turbulence in the system
- Provide clean air to 6500 people in an hour
- Filters up to 80 percent of harmful ambient pollutants
- Custom Catofy such as Ceiling mounted Catofy units can be designed as per application and requirement
- Reduce the pollution in places with particularly poor air quality
- Active contribution to meeting statutory air quality standards
- Reduction of local pollutant concentrations
- Clean and fresh air to breath.
- Cost-effective installation or retrofit, as no ductwork is needed.
- Safe transportation
- Reduction in PM2.5 and PM10 levels
- Prevents spread of viruses and bacteria.
- Reduces healthcare cost
- Flexible and easy to erect without foundation
CATOFY (CLEAN AIR TOWER FOR YOU) entails –
- FRP Casing
- Centrifugal fan
- Combination filter (course and fine filter)
- High efficiency particulate air filter (HEPA filter)
- Base frame
It also includes 3 stage filtration –
- Course Filter which filters courser pollutants like fur, hair, dust.
- Pre-Filter which filters Smoke, Pollen, haze, allergen.
- HEPA Filter which filters bacteria, mold, mites, virus.
|Filter stages||Four Stage Filtration|
|Filter Types||Course Filter|
|Filter Material||Micro fiber glass filter paper imported|
|Filter Efficiency||>99.97% of particles upto 0.3 microns|
|Dust Classification||Pollen, Mold Spores, House Dust Mite Allergens, Germs, Virus, PM2.5, PM10, Cement Dust, Fly Ash, Oil Smoke, Smog, Soot|
|Motor Power||1.5 HP|
|Power Supply||415 V/ 50 Hz|
|Fan type||Centrifugal Fan, direct driven|
There are different areas of application in which Catofy can make an active contribution to air quality management –
- Public places like markets, gardens, sidewalks, playgrounds, housing societies, bus stands, railway stations, open restaurants/cafes.
- Workstations, Workshops, Logistic and distribution centres